Bridges International works with Canadian expatriate insurance companies. If you are Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have a tie to Canada, we recommend you to have coverage with Canadian companies.
You can also find American and International expatriate insurance companies. These are for your reference only. Please directly contact them, if you have any questions on their products.
Allianz Global Assistance is the International leader in Assistance, Travel Insurance and health, life & home care services. Today Allianz Global Assistance’s global family counts more than 13, 224 employees who live to help. They speak 58 different languages and work throughout the world with a network of 400,000 service providers and 180 correspondents. 250 million people, or 4% of the world’s total population, benefit from its services, which the Group provides on all five continents. Head office is located in Toronto, Ontario. It is one of largest travel insurance companies in Canada. It has been in business since 1960’s the owners of the company are Allianz and the Cooperators.
The company is a subsidiary of Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. MSH International handles the Viator expatriate program.
These two plans are for Canadian citizens or permanent residents not covered by any provincial health plan available in Canada. Some significant differences of these two plans are as follows:
- Covers for inpatient/outpatient services up to the maximum sum insured you choose; $100,000, $500,000 or $2 million per policy
- Covers worldwide unless you choose non-USA/Mexico plan which covers stay in the USA/Mexico for up to 5 days per policy.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage is available
- Comprehensive Maternity benefit
- 1 to 12 months policy available
- Return to Home country (Canada) coverage: no limit of days per policy
-$100,000 coverage plan does not require medical questionnaire, but NO pre-existing conditions are covered.
RSA Viator Expatriate (not available travel to Switzerland, Germany and UAE):
- Covers 100 % for inpatient service ($1 million per sickness/injury) but $10,000 for outpatient services
- Covers worldwide unless you choose non-USA plan which covers stay in the USA for up to 14 days per trip.
- Direct deposit of claim payments into designated bank account in any of 110 different currencies.
- Complicated Maternity only
- 6, 9, or 12 months policy only
- Return to Home country (Canada) coverage: up to 90 days per policy for Canadian nationals returning permanently to Canada, and where the insured person has been insured under this policy for a period in excess of 365 days, coverage would be extended for a period of not more than 90 days. Insured persons must notify the insurer of the date of return of their home county within 30 days of the date of return. Proof of the date of return may be required.
-Does not require medical questionnaire, but NO pre-existing conditions are covered.
Important Note: the coverage is subject to change without notice. Please read the policy wording carefully.
If you are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, you can apply for following companies’ products but these are references only. Please contact the insurance provider for any questions. Medical and Health insurance do NOT cover everything. Please read the policy wording carefully.
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries, and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance.
Cigna is one of the largest health service organizations in the United States. With over 30 years of experience in global health insurance, Cigna are experts in designing solutions that work all around the world. It has 71 million customer relationships around the world, including 870,000 expatriates and globally mobile individuals.
All of the information provided about travel insurance is a brief, general summary. It doesn't take into account your personal situation, what you want or might need. Before you buy, it's important to consider what product is right for you and you should carefully read all policy documents, including the Policy Wording/Product Disclosure Statement/Certificate/Policy/Product Guide, to understand what's covered, what's not covered and the limits, terms and conditions which may apply. No coverage for anyone over 60. WorldNomads.com is located at: Level 21, 680 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.