Many restaurants’ CGL policies do not extend to off-premises catering. Make sure Christmas / Holiday and New Years Caterers are properly covered for their off-premises catering exposure.
Caterer liability is designed for individual caterers, restaurants (off-premises catering) or catering companies, whether catering a small reception or a large-scale event. Caterer Liability Policy will respond to defend a caterer in a court of law if a lawsuit is brought against them for injuries such as:
- A caterer’s food causes event guests to get sick
- A caterer’s equipment causes someone to trip and become injured
- A caterer’s hot dish scalds an event guest
Available for Single Events or Annual Terms
– Limits of liability from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 with $1,000 deductible
(some exceptions may apply)
– Liquor Extensions available if also serving alcohol
– CGL including Third Party Property Damage / Bodily Injury – medical payment ($2,500 pp / $25,000 max)
– Non-owned Auto
– Food and Beverage Product Coverage
– Cross Liability
– Employees / Volunteers as Additional Insured
– Tenants Legal Liability ($500,000+)
Coverage to be offered for the caterer only. Policy does not extend to the event host, therefore insured should advise that the host should obtain their own event liability insurance.
- Coverage for Christmas Tree Lots and Christmas / Holiday Parties
- Curling programs: Liability for Curling Bonspiels and coverage for Draw to the Button Contests.
- Lower rates for small-scale special events that do not include alcohol
- Third party liability coverage for hard to place, higher risk events with larger exposures (certain conditions and restrictions apply)
- E & O Extension for event planners provides annual coverage to event planners who are hired by event hosts.
- Server insurance now available for one-off events
- Annual policies now available for clubs / associations, etc.
- Blanket Venue Policies for third-party events
- Blanket Exhibitor Policies for all vendors / exhibitors at one event
- In-house $10 million limits also now available, some restrictions apply
Contact Bridges International Insurance Service