Why buy Youth Plan of Canadian travel insurance
Youth package includes all necessary coverage for young Canadians traveling out of own province for a fixed time period up to 1 year. We know that medical care costs outside Canada can be expensive if you’re not covered by an emergency hospital and medical insurance plan. Travel insurance from the experts at Allianz Global Assistance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
- Traveling under working holiday program
- Visiting countries for young professional or international co-op internship program
- Volunteering outside of Canada
- Participating international student exchange program
To be eligible for youth package you must, as of the date you apply for coverage and the effective date:
- be at least 15 days old and no more than 29 years old; and
- be a Canadian resident(*) and be insured for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan during the entire period of coverage; and
- not have been diagnosed with a terminal illness; or
- not have been diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 cancer; or have received treatment for any cancer (other than basal or squamous cell cancer or breast cancer treated only with hormone therapy) in the last 3 months; or
- not require assistance with activities of daily living as the result of a medical condition or state of health.
* Canadian resident means a person legally authorized to reside in Canada and who maintains a permanent residence in Canada.
Summary of Coverage
|Emergency Hospital & Medical for Canadians||$ 1 million|
|Trip Interruption||Sum Insured|
|Trip Cancellation||Sum Insured|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$100,000|
|Return of Deceased||Included|
Eligibility, Limitations & Exclusions
Travel insurance coverage, youth package is subject to eligibility, limitations, and exclusions. For complete terms, benefits, conditions, and exclusions, please see the policy document.