This is NOT updated. RATES and Policy wording will be updated on April 16, 2023. Travel Insurance for Young Canadians

Why buy Youth Plan of Canadian travel insurance

Youth package includes all necessary coverage for young Canadians traveling out of own province for a fixed time period up to 1 year. We know that medical care costs outside Canada can be expensive if you’re not covered by an emergency hospital and medical insurance plan. Travel insurance from the experts at Allianz Global Assistance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.

Ideal for:

  • Traveling under working holiday program
  • Visiting countries for young professional or international co-op internship program
  • Volunteering outside of Canada
  • Participating international student exchange program


To be eligible for youth package you must, as of the date you apply for coverage and the effective date:

  1. be at least 15 days old and no more than 30 years old; and
  2. be insured for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan during the entire period of coverage; and
  3. not have been diagnosed with a terminal illness; or
  4. not have been diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 cancer; or have received treatment for any cancer (other than basal or squamous cell cancer or breast cancer treated only with hormone therapy) in the last 3 months; or
  5. not require assistance with activities of daily living as the result of a medical condition or state of health.

Summary of Coverage

Emergency Hospital & Medical for Canadians$ 10 million
Trip Interruption$1,500
Accidental Death & Dismemberment$50,000
Return of Deceased$15,000


Age 0-30


Standard deductible per claim: $250
Surcharge to remove deductible: 10%

Rates are subject to change without notice, and provincial sales tax in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba.

  • The applicant’s age is on the effective date.
  • For the Non-USA option, coverage within the USA is limited to 5 days while in transit.

Eligibility, Limitations & Exclusions

Travel insurance coverage, youth package is subject to eligibility, limitations, and exclusions. For complete terms, benefits, conditions, and exclusions, please see the policy document.

Important Notes

  • In the event of a medical emergency, you must notify Allianz Global Assistance Emergency (toll-free 1-800-995-1662 or worldwide collect 416-340-0049) within 24 hours of admission to a hospital and before any surgery is performed.
  • Limits on Coverage
    If you fail to do so without reasonable cause, then Allianz will pay 80% of the claim payable. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the claim payable.
    You will be responsible for any expenses that are not payable by the insurer.
  • It is a condition precedent to liability under your policy that at the time of application, you are in good health and know of no reason to seek medical attention.
  • Insurance Policy (Terms and Conditions) PDF file >>
  • PDF Application

Administered by:
AZGA Service Canada Inc. o/a Allianz Global Assistance
700 Jamieson Parkway Cambridge, Ontario Canada N3C 4N6

For illustration purposes only. This is not an insurance policy. For complete terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions, please see the policy booklet. Please read and understand your policy before you travel.