Equipment Breakdown Insurance protects your business from the loss caused by accidental breakdown of equipment.

Why would you need Equipment Breakdown Insurance?

The damage to mechanical and electrical equipment due to external event, such as fire is covered by the standard property insurance policy. However it will not be covered if damage caused by internal cause such as:

  • electrical arcing
  • boiler explosion
  • short circuit

Equipment breakdown insurance

Who would need Boiler and Machinery (Equipment Breakdown) Insurance?

Can you imagine your business without electrical devices? If you use machines, mechanical or electrical devices, they are important for your business operations.

Equipment Breakdown Insurance provides protection to:

  • Air conditioning and refrigeration
  • Electrical equipment
  • Computers and telecommunications
  • Business equipment
  • Production machinery
  • Computer-controlled machines
  • Security systems
  • Retail “point of-sale” systems
  • Ventilation systems
  • Generators
  • Elevators and escalators
  • Boilers
  • Hot water heaters
  • Motors and pumps
  • Engines

Do I still need this coverage?

I do not own much equipment, because I am a tenant. As a tenant, the responsibility of equipment maintenance and repair should be stated on the lease agreement. Even though you are not responsible for it, you may incur loss of income due to the breakdown of landlord’s equipment. With Business Interruption coverage under Equipment Breakdown Insurance, loss of income due to Equipment Breakdown would be compensated.

We do risk assessment of your equipment breakdown and loss of income including consequential loss.

Please contact us for a consultation

We would be happy to work with you

ON/AB: 1-888-298-6526 BC: 1-888-267-4461

Weekdays: 9:00am – 5:00pm Eastern or Pacific Standard Time