James Scott No Comments

When you get injured or sick while you are in Canada, where would you go?

Family doctor
Usually family physicians in cities will not take temporary residents as patients. It is unrealistic to expect family physicians to see visitors or International Experience Canada Makers (formerly known as Working Holiday).
Walk-in clinic
Anybody can visit a walk-in clinic to see a physician. If the physician thinks you need to see a specialist, you will be referred. Walk-in clinics are suitable for consulting with a medical doctor for minor sickness or injury.
Emergency at hospital
The Emergency Ward is open for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If your condition requires emergency treatment, you need to go to the emergency department of the hospital. When other patients are in life or death situations, you may wait for a long time to receive medical attention.
Injured while working
When you are employed, injuries caused at a work place should be covered by the Workers’ Compensation Board. You need to report your injury immediately to your employer.

Bridges International Insurance Services
Suite 901- 1030 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6E 2Y3
1-888-267-4461/ 1-604-408-8695 ext 106
info@biis.ca (www.biis.ca)