Why buy Destination Visitors to Canada travel insurance?
While living in Canada, Government Health Insurance Plan (GHIP) may not be available to you right away or at all. We know that health care costs in Canada can be expensive if you’re not covered under a Canadian GHIP. Visitors to Canada insurance from the experts at Destination Travel Insurance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry Visitors to Canada insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
- Super Visa holders wanting affordable coverage
- Visitors travelling to Canada on a work visa
- Foreign expatriates residing in Canada
- Returning Canadians and landed immigrants waiting for Government health insurance plan benefits
Features and benefits
- $10,000 to $300,000 in emergency health and medical care
- The affordable medical coverage is available.
- Emergency medical benefits
- Coverage for dental emergency
- Deductible options are available
Summary of Benefits
Emergency Hospital & Medical Maximum Coverage Amount
|EMERGENCY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL
|MAXIMUM COVERAGE AMOUNT
|Semi-private hospital accommodation
|Drugs or Medications
|Up to $1,000 not exceeding 30-day supply
|Physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, podiatrist when ordered by the attending physician up to $500 per practitioner for out-patient treatment
|Emergency Air Transportation / Return home
|When pre-approved by Active Care Management
|Transportation of Family
|Up to $3,000 to transport one family member or close friend and up to $1,000 for meals and accommodation
|Up to $3,000 for follow-up when pre-approved by Active Care Management
|Up to $3,000 for emergency treatment caused by an accidental blow to the face
|Up to $500 for the immediate relief of acute dental pain
|Meals and Accommodation
|Up to $150 per day to a maximum of $1,500 when hospitalized
|Return of Deceased
|Up to $10,000 for return of remains or up to $4,000 for cremation or burial at place of death
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment
|Up to the maximum sum insured not to exceed $150,000 for loss of life, limb or sight resulting from an accidental injury
|Up to a maximum sum insured of $50,000
|Age 0 to 79:
Option 1: Covered only if stable during the 120 days prior to the effective date
Option 2 :All pre-existing conditions will be excluded from coverage
Age 80 and over – all pre-existing conditions are excluded from coverage
|Limitations & Exclusions
|Your policy contains certain limitations and exclusions. Please refer to policy wording for a complete list of the limitations and exclusions
|Age up to 85 / $0 deductible (deductible options are available)
Age 86 and over / $500 deductible
|Age 0 to 85
Age 86 and over
The waiting period may be waived if:
ELIGIBILITY, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions, please see the policy document.
Visitors to Canada
Whether you’re on an extended stay in Canada or returning from an extended trip abroad, Canadian government health care plans might not be available to you right away or at all. Hospitals can charge thousands of dollars per day if you’re not covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan.
For situations such as these, Destination Travel offers a plan to help protect you and your family from unexpected costs due to a medical emergency – and make certain you get the care you need.
Temporary residents; Landed immigrants; Returning Canadians; Work permit holders; Super Visa applicants; Foreign expatriates
- In the event of a medical emergency, you must notify Active Care Management (toll free 1-833-886-1069 or worldwide collect 1-519- 945-1069 ) before obtaining emergency treatment, so that we may:
– confirm coverage
– provide pre-approval of treatment.
- If it is medically impossible for you to call prior to obtaining emergency treatment, we ask that someone calls on your behalf as soon as possible. Otherwise, if you do not call the Assistance Centre before you obtain emergency treatment, you will have to pay 20% of the eligible medical expenses we would normally pay under this insurance.
- The insurer reserves the right, as reasonably required, to transfer you to any hospital or to transport you to your country of origin following an emergency. If you refuse to be transferred or transported when declared medically fit to travel, any continuing costs incurred after your refusal will not be covered and the payment of such costs becomes your sole responsibility. Coverage ceases upon your refusal and no coverage will be provided to you for the remainder of the period of coverage.
- The Assistance Centre, the insurer, The Destination: Travel Group Inc. and its agents/brokers will not be responsible for the availability, quantity, quality, or results of any medical treatment received, or for failure to obtain medical service.
Managed and Distributed by:
The Destination: Travel Group Inc.
304-155 Gordon Baker Road Toronto,
Ontario, Canada M2H 3N5
For illustration purposes only. This is not an insurance policy. For complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please see the policy booklet. Please read and understand your policy before you travel.