Why buy Inpatriates to Canada travel insurance?
While living in Canada, government health care plans might not be available to you right away or at all. We know that health care costs in Canada can be expensive if you’re not covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan. Canadian inpariate insurance from the experts at Allianz Global Assistance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry Canadian inpatriate insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
- Super Visa holders wanting more than emergency-only care
- Visitors travelling to Canada on a work visa
- Foreign expatriates residing in Canada
- Returning Canadians and landed immigrants waiting for Government health insurance plan benefits
Features and benefits
- $100,000 to $200,000 in emergency health and medical care
- The highest coverage available for extended health benefits
- Emergency and extended health benefits
- Maternity and new-born care, vaccines, physical and eye examinations
- Coverage for out-of-pocket expenses, including accommodations and meals, childcare costs, essential telephone calls and taxi fares
- Trip break lets you return home during your trip without cancelling your coverage
Summary of Benefits
Emergency Hospital & Medical Maximum Coverage Amount
|EMERGENCY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL||MAXIMUM COVERAGE AMOUNT|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Hospital & Medical||up to sum insured|
|Included in the overall maximum:|
|Emergency Hospital||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Medical||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Transportation||up to sum insured|
|Attendant||up to $500|
|Chiropractor, osteopath, chiropodist, podiatrist or acupuncturist||$500 per profession|
|Dental Emergency||up to $500|
|Emergency Return Home||up to $3,000|
|Follow-up visits||up to $5,000|
|Maternity||up to $10,000|
|Out-of-Pocket Expenses||up to $1,500|
|Return of Deceased||up to $10,000|
|Transportation of Family/Friend||up to $3,000|
|Vaccines||up to $100|
|Physical Examination||one per 12-month period|
|Eye Examination||one per 12-month period|
ELIGIBILITY, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions, please see the policy document.
|Age band||Monthly rate||Monthly rate||Monthly rate|
|0 – 39||$94||$113||$123|
|40 – 44||149||179||194|
|45 – 49||184||221||239|
|50 – 54||229||274||297|
|55 – 59||273||328||355|
|60 – 64||353||423||459|
|65 – 69||497||596||646|
Rates are subject change without notice
Visitors and Inpatriates to Canada
Whether you’re on an extended stay in Canada or returning from an extended trip abroad, Canadian government health care plans might not be available to you right away or at all. Hospitals can charge thousands of dollars per day if you’re not covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan.
For situations such as these, Allianz Global Assistance offers a choice of two plans to help protect you and your family from unexpected costs due to a medical emergency – and make certain you get the care you need.
Temporary residents; Landed immigrants; Returning Canadians; Work permit holders; Super Visa applicants; Foreign expatriates
|Benefits||Visitors to Canada Insurance||Inpatriates to Canada Insurance|
|Emergency hospital and medical||X||X|
|Meets Super Visa requirements; no endorsement required||X||X|
|24/7 emergency assistance||X||X|
|Coverage for out-of-pocket expenses, including accommodations and meals, childcare costs, essential telephone calls and taxi fares||X||X|
|Maternity care, vaccines, physical and eye examinations||X|
|Trip break lets you return to your home country during your trip without cancelling your coverage||X||X|
|Coverage for trips outside of Canada when the majority of your stay is in Canada||X||X|
|No mandatory underwriting||For all ages||For ages 0 – 59|
- In the event of a medical emergency, you must notify AGA Emergencyl Assistance (toll free 1-800-995-1662 or worldwide collect 416-340-0049) within 24 hours of admission to a hospital and before any surgery is performed.
- Limits on Coverage
If you fail to do so without reasonable cause, then Allianz Global Assistance will pay 80% of the claim payable.. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the claim payable. You will be responsible for any expenses that are not payable by the insurer.
- It is a condition precedent to liability under your policy that at the time of application, you are in good health and know of no reason to seek medical attention.
- Insurance Policy (Terms and Conditions) PDF file >>
Allianz Global Assistance.
2100 – 250 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7
For illustration purposes only. This is not an insurance policy. For complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please see the policy booklet. Please read and understand your policy before you travel.