Are your family members visiting Canada?
Do they need to purchase emergency medical travel insurance?
We can help!
We offer two plans, speciﬁcally created for visitors to Canada, immigrants, and Canadians who are without a government health plan:
1. ESSENTIAL PLAN
This plan provides protection for unexpected medical emergencies while in Canada and for side trips outside of Canada. Its ﬂexible coverage offers a 10 day free look period and 24/7 access to an experienced staff of multilingual assistance professionals to help with a variety of medical emergencies that may happen along the way!
- Emergency Medical Beneﬁts (Up to $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $300,000 depending on the plan limit chosen)
- Repatriation Coverage up to $5,000
- Super Visa requirements met with the $100,000 & $300,000 plan limits
- Covers trips up to 18 months in duration
- Affordable Family Rates
2. PREMIER PLAN
In addition to the coverage listed above, this plan also provides:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Up to $25,000, $50,000,or $100,000, depending on the plan limit chosen)
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions. Certain restrictions apply.
- Additional & Upgraded Beneﬁts as compared to the Essential Plan (i.e. Repatriation Coverage up to $16,000)
- Waiver of Deductible – The first $1,000 of any deductible is waived if the insured is hospitalized for more than 72 consecutive hours
The above is a brief summary of coverage. Please refer to the policy documents for complete details.
Both the Essential Plan and Premier Plan are underwritten by Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada, and in Quebec, by Reliable Life Insurance Company.
Why Travel with Travelance?
Our plans provide you with the necessary components of emergency medical travel insurance along with 24 hour emergency medical assistance.
- Plans are available from 7 days up to 18 months!
- Plans with $25,000-$100,000 in coverage are available to travellers over 14 days old and under 85 years of age during their entire period of coverage (plans with $300,000 in coverage are available to travellers over 14 days old and under 70 years of age)
Side trips are covered as long as each side trip begins in Canada and is no more than 45 days in duration. At the time of any claim outside of Canada, the accumulated stay in Canada during the Period of Coverage must be more than 50% of the accumulated coverage days under this Policy. Side trips can not be to the insured’s country of permanent residence.
FAMILY RATES AVAILABLE
- ELDEST’S PREMIUM x2
- Apply to individuals or couples travelling with at least one unmarried dependent child or one grandchild:
a) under the age of 21;
b) under 26 if a full-time student, or;
c) of any age if mentally or physically disabled.
ARE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS APPLYING FOR SUPER VISAS?
If so, they are required to purchase at least $100,000 in Canadian medical coverage for at least one year.
Great news – they meet this requirement by purchasing one of our plans with a $100,000 or $300,000 plan limit!
ARE PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS COVERED?
Under the Essential Plan:
There is no coverage provided for any Pre-Existing Condition or Medical Condition that is present on Your Start Date.
Under the Premier Plan:
Yes, under the Premier Plan, Pre-Existing Conditions or related Medical Conditions are covered as follows:
a) For ages 69 and under on the Start Date of the policy, the Pre-Existing Condition or Medical Condition was Stable and Controlled during the 180 day period immediately prior to your client’s Start Date.
b) For ages 70 to 79 on the Start Date of the policy, the Pre-Existing Condition or Medical Condition was Stable and Controlled during the 180 day period immediately prior to your client’s Start Date except for the following conditions which are not covered:
- Any heart condition including but not limited to heart attack, angina, arrhythmia or cardiac surgery;
- Any brain condition including but not limited to stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), mini-stroke, aneurysm or seizure;
- Any lung condition including but not limited to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
c) For ages 80 and over on the Start Date of the policy, there is no coverage under the policy for any Pre-Existing Condition or Medical Condition that was present on your Start Date.
WHEN CAN I PURCHASE THE ESSENTIAL OR PREMIER TRAVELANCE PLANS?
Before or Before or after arrival in Canada – however it is recommended that a plan be purchased in advance to ensure coverage begins promptly upon trip departure.
WHEN DOES COVERAGE BEGIN?
Your Start Date begins on the latest of the following:
- Your Departure Date;
- Your Policy purchase date; or
- The effective date shown on their Policy Confirmation.
Benefits under this Policy are subject to the following conditions:
a) if your Start Date is your Departure Date, you must be scheduled to arrive in Canada within 48 hours after leaving their Home Country. If you are scheduled to arrive in Canada more than 48 hours after leaving their Home Country, coverage only begins on the date and time they arrive in Canada;
b) if your Start Date is after your Departure Date, the following Waiting Periods will apply:
- i) 24 hours for an Injury;
- ii) 48 hours for a Sickness if your Start Date is within 30 days of your Departure Date;
- iii) 48 hours for a Sickness if your are continuing coverage from an existing policy with no gap in coverage;
- iv) 7 days for a Sickness if your Start Date is more than 30 days from your Departure Date.
WHEN DOES COVERAGE END?
On the earliest of the following events:
- the date and time you cancel your insurance;
- the date you become eligible for coverage under any Canadian federal, provincial or territorial government health insurance plan;
- on the date you return to your Home Country;
- the Expiry Date as shown on your Policy Conﬁrmation.
- Broad range of deductible options that can be used to balance your medical needs versus cost of the policy
- Convertible Plan Option: Clients can upgrade to the Premier Plan, before the effective date of your existing policy
Super Visa Annual Rates
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
The above prices are with $0 deductible
Important: The rates are subject change without notice, please confirm the final price with your agent.
Maximum Trip Length: 18 months
Travelance Schedule of Benefits
|Essential Plan||Premier Plan|
|Maximum Duration||18 Months||18 Months|
|Emergency Medical||$25,000, $50,000,|
$100,000, or $300,000
(Depends on plan limit chosen)
$100,000, or $300,000
(Depends on plan limit chosen)
|Services of Physician, Surgeon, In-Hospital Nurse||✓||✓|
|Diagnostic, Laboratory & X-Rays||✓||✓|
|Therapeutic Equipment Rental & Purchase||✓||✓|
|Prescription Medications||30 Days Up To $1,000||30 Days Up To $5,000|
|Emergency Return Home||✓||✓|
|Emergency Dental||Injury $2,000|
Non-Injury Pain $300
Non-Injury Pain $500
|Repatriation of Remains||$5,000||$16,000|
|Cremation/Burial At Destination||$3,000||$6,000|
|Identification of Remains||Round-trip Air +|
|Round-trip Air +|
|Follow Up Visits||–||$3,000|
|Emergency Paramedical Services (Acupressurist, Acupuncturist, Chiropodist, Chiropractor, Naturopath, Osteopath, Physiotherapist, or Podiatrist)||–||$500/Category|
|Visit to Bedside||–||Airfare $3,000 +|
|Accommodations & Meals||–||$150/Day, Maximum $1,500|
|Return/Escort of Dependent Children||–||$3,000|
|Hospital Stay Allowance||–||$50/Day Up To $500|
|Return of Baggage & Personal Effects||–||$500|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||–||Up to the plan limit chosen to a maximum of $100,000|
|Waived Deductible||–||First $1,000 of deductible waived when hospitalized for 72 consecutive hours|
|Family Rate||2 Times Eldest Rate||2 Times Eldest Rate|
|Deductible Options||$250 (-10%)|
ELIGIBILITY, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions, please see the policy document.
- If You require medical Treatment for a Sickness or Injury during Your Period of Coverage as outlined in this policy. You must contact the Emergency Assistance Provider as per this policy.
- It is a condition precedent to liability under your policy that at the time of application, you are in good health and know of no reason to seek medical attention.
- Insurance Policy (Terms and Conditions) PDF file >>
- For illustration purposes only. This is not an insurance policy. For complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please see the policy booklet. Please read and understand your policy before you travel.
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1150
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4 Canada
Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada, and in Quebec, by Reliable Life Insurance Company.