You see yourself studying and immersed in Canadian culture. We see an injury and a visit to the health clinic.
The student experience in Canada is meant to be enjoyed
But if an unexpected medical emergency should happen, know that you’re protected with Allianz international student insurance.
Why buy International Students to Canada travel insurance?
While studying in Canada, government health care plans might not be available to you. We know that health care costs can be expensive if you’re not covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan. Travel insurance from the experts at Allianz Global Assistance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TO CANADA WHO:
- Are registered full-time in a Canadian school, college, university or accredited educational institution
- Are temporary residents of Canada without any government health care coverage
- Have completed their studies and remain in Canada up to a year to work in the field of their studies
- Would like coverage under their policy for their spouse and dependents living with them
Features & Benefits
- Affordable all-in-one hospital, medical and extended health care solution
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions is available under the Standard + 90 days stable pre-ex Option
- Costs incurred outside of Canada are covered provided the majority of the period of coverage is spent in Canada
- Trips to the United States are limited to 30 days per period of coverage
|Standard Plan||Maximum coverage amount|
|Sum Insured||$5 million |
|Included in the overall maximum: |
|Emergency Hospital||up to sum insured|
• Physician/Surgeon/Anaesthetist/Registered nurse
• Diagnostics/lab test and x-ray examinations
• Ambulance including cab fare
• Rental of medical equipment or appliances
|up to sum insured|
• legally licensed chiropractor; osteopath; podiatrist/chiropodist; naturopath;
|up to $600 per practitioner/12 month period|
|Drugs or Medications||up to a 30-day supply|
|Maternity Benefit||up to $1,000 per 12 month period|
|Eye Examination||1 per 12 month period|
|Physical Examination||1 per 12 month period up to $250|
|Emergency Transportation/Return Home||up to sum insured|
|Transportation of Family or Friend||up to $5,000|
|Dental Accident||up to $5,000|
|Dental Emergencies||up to $600|
|Wisdom Teeth||up to $100 per tooth|
|Return of Deceased||up to $15,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment |
• includes Exposure and Disappearance
|up to $15,000|
|Tutorial Services||$20/hour up to $500|
|Standard + 90 days stable pre-ex option |
|Standard option benefits plus:|
|Pre-existing Conditions||covered if stable for 90days|
|Definition of stable||see the policy wording|
Eligibility, Limitations & Exclusions
Travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For full details, please consult with your Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance representative. For complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions, please see the policy document.
About Allianz Global Assistance
Allianz Global Assistance is one of the largest travel insurance and assistance services providers in Canada, with offices in Kitchener, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We’re everywhere you go and proud to be part of the world’s largest travel insurance and assistance company, operating in 34 countries around the globe.
In an emergency, our knowledgeable, caring and dedicated assistance team is ready to help at any time, in virtually any language, nearly anywhere in the world. From answering questions to taking care of you during a claim, we’re here to help at every stage of your journey so you can enjoy a worry-free travel experience.
Allianz Global Assistance administers the policy. Allianz Global Assistance is the registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.
Underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies.