Allianz Global Assistance Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance is Ideal if You are:
- A tourist, visitor, non-resident of Canada or visiting former Canadian resident
- Not insured or eligible for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan
- Working Holiday from Australia, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine, and United Kingdom.
- Young professionals from Australia, Austria, Chile, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and Ukraine.
- International Co-op from Australia, Chile, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and Ukraine.
- Travel and Work in Canada – Partner Organization, SWAP Working Holidays, International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE), International Association for Students of Economics and Commerce (AIESEC), Chantiers Jeunesse, Canadian Host Family Association, CHFA, International Rural Exchange (URE), International Volunteer Exchange Program of the Mennonite Central Committee of Canada (MCC), Go International.
Please check our rates below.
Why buy Visitors to Canada travel insurance?
When visiting Canada, your country of origin’s health care plans might not travel with you. We know that health care costs in Canada can be expensive if you’re not covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan. Travel insurance from the experts at Allianz Global Assistance helps you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
- Visitors to Canada
- Super Visa applicants
- Landed immigrants and returning Canadians waiting for Government Health Insurance Plan coverage looking for emergency-only coverage
Features and Benefits
- $25,000 to $500,000 in emergency hospital and medical care
- Refer you to the most appropriate medical care in Canada based on your unique healthcare needs
- Closely monitor your treatment plans to ensure you’re receiving the right level of care
- Arrange payment whenever possible, so you can avoid out-of-pocket expenses
- Coordinate arrangements for your safe return home if necessary
- Allows you to visit your country of origin and resume your coverage when you return to Canada without having to reapply for a new policy. (there is no coverage while you are inside your country of origin.)
- Coverage for trips outside of Canada when the majority of your stay is in Canada
Plan ahead and remember to check the requirements of the country that you’re visiting. As with every trip, we recommend you review and follow Government of Canada travel advisories.
Summary of Benefits
|EMERGENCY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL||MAXIMUM COVERAGE AMOUNT|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Hospital||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Medical (including follow-up visits)||up to sum insured|
|Emergency Transportation (ambulance)||up to sum insured|
|Chiropractor, osteopath, chiropodist/podiatrist, physiotherapist or acupuncturist||$500 per profession|
|Dental Emergency (relief of acute dental pain)||up to $500|
|Emergency Return Home (to your country of origin)||up to $3,000|
|Out-of-Pocket Expenses||up to $1,500|
|Return of Deceased||up to $10,000|
|Transportation of Family/Friend (to your bedside)||up to $3,000|
Eligibility, Limitations and Exclusions
Travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For full details, please consult with your Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance representative. For complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions, please see the policy document.
Visitors to Canada Plan
Daily rates per person
Rates are subject to change without notice
- Applicant’s age on the effective date is used for rating.
- Family includes the applicant, age 59 and under, the applicant’s spouse, age 59 and under, and dependent children at least 15 days of age and no more than 21 years of age. Premium is two times the eldest adult age 59 and under.
- Maximum period of coverage: 365 or 366(leap year) days
- Minimum premium: $20 per policy
Deductible options for additional savings
$500 = 15% premium savings
Deductibles are applied per person per policy
|Sum Insured||Trip Rate|
|Sum Insured||Trip Rate|
About Allianz Global Assistance
Allianz Global Assistance is one of the largest travel insurance and assistance services providers in Canada, with offices in Kitchener, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We’re everywhere you go and proud to be part of the world’s largest travel insurance and assistance company, operating in 34 countries around the globe.
In an emergency, our knowledgeable, caring and dedicated assistance team is ready to help at any time, in virtually any language, nearly anywhere in the world. From answering questions to taking care of you during a claim, we’re here to help at every stage of your journey so you can enjoy a worry-free travel experience.
Allianz Global Assistance administers the policy. Allianz Global Assistance is the registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.
Underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies.
This brochure is an illustration only. It is not an insurance policy. For the complete terms, benefits, conditions and exclusions please see the policy document.