James Scott No Comments

For those who are already in Canada from Ireland or Australia to apply for IEC (Working Holidays)’s 2 years insurance policy, we can provide visitors to Canada coverage with special rates.

Please send us an e-mail with name and date of birth, we will get back to you with a quote.

In case you do not have insurance and your entry to Canada is denied because of that, please call us we will arrange it immediately and send a confirmation by e-mail.

Thank you,

For Irish Citizens;

Eligibility Criteria for the Working Holiday Category

The Working Holiday category is designed for Irish citizens, who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (maximum 24 months).
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category you must:

  1. be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received;
  2. be a citizen of Ireland;
  3. be holding an Irish passport that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. When the work permit is issued in Canada, it will not be longer than the validity of the passport.
  4. be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
  5. have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay;
  6. accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health-care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
  7. pay a participation fee when prompted to do so.

(Canadian Embassy to Ireland)

For Australian Citizens;

Q: What type of insurance must I buy before leaving for Canada?

A: IEC requires you to buy and maintain health-care insurance (covering medical care, hospitalization and repatriation) for the entire duration of your stay in Canada. We recommend that you buy this insurance only after you have received your Letter of Introduction, confirming that your IEC application was successful.
You may be refused entry if you do not have insurance. If your insurance policy is valid for less than 24 months, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance.
The work permit cannot be extended even if you obtain an insurance coverage extension later on. Instead, you will need to re-apply through the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney Australia if the re-application policy is still in place at the time of the new application, meet the criteria at the time of the new application, submit the required documentation and pay another fee. Please be advised that the IEC Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney does not have the mandate of providing a list of insurers and cannot provide further advice on insurance matters.

(Canadian High Commission in Australia)