Travel Insurance Plan for Canadian Travellers from Allianz Global Assistance

  • Please use these forms to apply for insurance.
  • If you can’t use the online quote-application form, please contact us.
  • Privacy Policy

* This insurance coverage is for Canadian Residents only.

** Medical Questionnaire for those who are 65 and over

Why Buy Travel Insurance

If an unexpected medical emergency should happen when travelling outside your home province, territory or country, getting treatment can cost thousands of dollars. Your government healthcare plans have limits on how much they’ll cover, which can leave you holding the bulk of the bills.

Here’s how Emergency Medical travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance can help:

Ideal for:

  • Travellers covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan
  • Canadians travelling anywhere in the world

Features and Benefits

  • 24/7 access to multi-lingual emergency assistance
  • Flexible and convenient annual multi-trip plans
  • Option to exclude coverage for pre-existing conditions
  • Savings on travel outside the USA with international travel rates

Summary of Benefits

Main BenefitsEmergency Medical PlanComprehensive Package
Emergency Medical$10,000,000$10,000,000
Accidental Dental$5,000$5,000
Emergency Medical Transportationincludedincluded
Return of Vehicle/Watercraft$5,000$5,000
Pet Return$500$500
Ambulance Servicesincludedincluded
Attendant / Return of Travelling Companionincludedincluded
Physiotherapist, chiropractor, podiatrist, chiropodist$500 per profession$500 per profession
Cremation at Place of Death$5,000$5,000
Dental Emergency$500$500
Additional Expenses While Hospitalized$5,000$5,000
Prescription Medicationup to a 30-day supplyup to a 30-day supply
Return of Deceasedincludedincluded
Return to Original Trip Destinationincludedincluded
Travel AccidentN/A$100,000
Trip Cancellation & InterruptionN/ASum insured
Baggage LossN/A$1,000 (high-value items have sub-limits of $500)
Baggage DelayN/A$400 (minimum delay 12 hours)
Multi-trip Options4, 8, 15, 35 Days15, 35 Days

Eligibility, Limitations and Exclusions

Allianz travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations, and exclusions. For full details, please consult with your Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance representative. Please refer to the Emergency Medical Plan and Comprehensive Package policy documents for the full list of terms, conditions, and exclusions.

About Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance is one of the largest travel insurance and assistance services providers in Canada, with offices in Cambridge, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We’re everywhere you go and proud to be part of the world’s largest travel insurance and assistance company, operating in 34 countries around the globe.

In an emergency, our knowledgeable, caring and dedicated assistance team is ready to help at any time, in virtually any language, nearly anywhere in the world. From answering questions to taking care of you during a claim, we’re here to help at every stage of your journey so you can enjoy a worry-free travel experience.

Allianz Global Assistance administers the policy. Allianz Global Assistance is the registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.

Underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies.

For Illustration purposes only. This is not an insurance policy. For complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please see the policy booklet. Please read and understand your policy before you travel.

Important Notes

  • This insurance coverage is for Canadian Residents only.
  • In the event of a medical emergency, Alllianz Global Assistance must be notified within 24 hours of admission to hospital and before any surgery is performed.
    Limits on Coverage
    If you fail to notify Allianz Global Assistance without reasonable cause, then Allianz Global Assistance will pay 80% of the claim payable. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the claim payable.
  • Emergency Medical Plan Policy Wording
  • Comprehensive Package Policy Wording
  • If you can’t use the online quote-application form, please contact us.
  • Privacy Policy